Kubernetes - going beyond the basics
So you've got a good grasp of the Kubernetes basics, you can create a cluster and deploy some applications to it, what about taking things up a notch?
In this talk and with demos we'll cover some more advanced topics within Kubernetes such as:
- Influencing the scheduling of pods
- Controlling applications being scheduled using admission controllers
- Auto scaling of applications and clusters
- Options for extending/customising Kubernetes using Custom Resources
- Adding a service mesh to improve traffic shaping
After this talk attendees should have a much clearer understanding of the additional capability in Kubernetes and associated platforms that they can to use to improve their application platform.
Attendees should have a good understanding of the basic Kubernetes concepts and constructs.