Workshop: Identity & Access Control for modern Applications and APIs using ASP.NET Core 3
Modern application design has changed quite a bit in recent years.
“Mobile-first” and “cloud-ready” are the types of applications you are expected to develop. Also, to keep pace with these demands, Microsoft has revamped their complete web stack with ASP.NET Core to meet these architectural demands.
This workshop covers everything you need to know to build modern and secure web, native & mobile applications. The foundation will be Microsoft’s latest technology stack but will also include IdentityServer4, which is the officially recommended framework for building token services.
.NET Core, ASP.NET Core, MVC, Web APIs, Claims, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, WS-Federation, SAML, JSON Web Tokens, Single Sign-on and off, Federation, Delegation, Home Realm, Discovery, CORS
Day 1: Foundation & Authentication
- Identity & Access Control in .NET Core
- ASP.NET Core Security Framework
- Claims-based Identity
- Cookie-based Authentication
- Social Logins (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- OpenID Connect
- Data Protection
- Web Application Patterns
- Single Sign On / Single Sign Off
- Claims Transformation
- Federation Gateway
- Account & Identity Linking
- Home Realm Discovery
Day 2: Web APIs & Access Control
- Securing APIs
- Architecture & Scenarios
- Token-based Authentication
- OAuth 2.0
- Token lifetime management
- Refresh tokens
- OpenID Connect & OAuth 2.0 combined
- Server to Server communication
- Native & mobile Applications
- Custom credentials & token requests
Attendees will need to bring a computer with the latest .NET Core 3 SDK and the IDE of your choice (e.g. Visual Studio) installed.